Look Fantastic Beauty Box | Dec 2016


With every new month comes the Look Fantastic Beauty box and of course this month's edition features products to keep you looking gorgeous throughout the party season.


Inside this box are 6 producs - Illamasqua Hydra Veil Primer (full size £32), Skin Republic Caviar and CoQ10 Face Mask (£4.99) and Mellow Cosmetics Madness Lipstick (£? $13)*, Balance Me Pure Skin Face Wash (full size £16), Bubble T Bath Bomb (£3) and Philip Kingsley Elasticizer (£17).

This may be my favourite Look Fantastic beauty box yet, mostly as I'm familiar with a couple of the products inside. I've already gushed about the Illamasqua Hydra Veil Primer here and here but in short this provides an ultra-moisturising base ready for foundation. My makeup always looks so smooth with this applied first and the colder temperatures has already started making my skin dry so I know I'll be reaching for this often. This mini version is the perfect size for a weekend away I have planned for New Year's Eve too.

I'll also be taking the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer away with me and this was THE pre shampoo treatment I always relied on when my hair was relaxed. Actually most of the time I used it post-shampoo and I also had the 'extreme' version ideal for afro hair. It's pricey but if your hair is dry or damaged the elasticizer really helps it bounce back.

You can never go wrong with a red lipstick this time of year so the Mellow Cosmetics Lipstick in Madness - a ruby red - is a nice touch. The formula is matte but is still quite moisturising so it feels comfortable on the lips. It seems fairly long-wearing too so it goes the distance. I couldn't find this brand available on Look Fantastic currently hence the confusion on how much this retails for in the UK but it's designed and tested (cruelty-free) in New Zealand and the brand's website ships internationally.


I very rarely have a bath (I'm more of a shower person) but the fragrance of the Bubble T Bath Bomb is beautiful. The brand describes it as a 'wild strawberry fragrance' and it's infused with sweet orange essential oil and Goji Berry. Simply drop into running water and allow to steep whilst you bathe.

The August edition of Look Fantastic's Beauty Box featured a Balance Me Congested Skin Serum and I've been so impressed with it I've just purchased the full size (see here). I haven't tried the Pure Skin Face Wash yet, but like the serum, it's ideal for blemish-prone skin and contains grapefruit oil to gently cleanse and brighten the skin. There's also the Skin Republic Face Mask which contains a blend of Witch Hazel, Vitamin E and CoQ10 (which is found naturally within cells in the body and functions like an anti-oxidant). I'm a massive fan of sheet masks so I'll give this a try at some point soon.



You can get this month's edition from the Look Fantastic website. 

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box? Which is your favourite?

Lesley x