Look Fantastic Beauty Box | Sep 2016

It's that time again as another month of 2016 is down already! For September's edition Look Fantastic are celebrating two years since the launch of their beauty box and inside are items geared towards getting into the 'party spirit'.


(left to right clockwise) bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Get Ready (full size £17), Christophe Robin Purifying Shampoo (full size £28), Lord & Berry Strobing Pencil in #1153 (full size £?), Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Butter (£20.50), Gatineau Collagne Expert Eye Pads (£36), Argan Liquid Gold BB Cream (full size £70)*

I've not had a chance to really get to grips with this box yet but I love the range of products included. A lot of items are quite pricey and aren't what I would normally go for so it's great to give them a try. My favourite here already is of course the bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick (you all know by now how much I love a lip product). The lipstick is a beautiful pink that would flatter a range of skintones and is well pigmented too. The sample is so tiny that this is great for carrying on-the-go, especially if you're lacking space in your handbag!

The Lord & Berry Strobing Stick makes adding highlight to small areas like a cupid's bow and inner corner of the eyes a dream as it's a pencil. It blends beautifully and gives a natural-looking highlight. This is definitely something I would buy to use alongside my other highlighters (as it's better for details rather than applying to larger areas of the skin) but I couldn't find this on the Look Fantastic or Lord & Berry websites. It might be a new product coming soon so I'll have to keep an eye out for it.



I did try the Gatineau Eye pads but I couldn't apply them for the full 10 minutes suggested as I felt a slight stinging sensation on the skin. I'm not sure if that's normal (as it didn't hurt) or if it was a reaction to the cleanser I had just used (which has glycolic acid in) before applying but either way I decided that it was best to remove them.

I haven't tried the rest of the products here yet but I know the travel-sized Christophe Robin shampoo, Argan Liquid Gold Multi-Tone BB Cream and Bliss Lemon + Sage Body butter will come in handy for weekends away from home. I thought the Argan Liquid Gold BB cream would be too light for me initially (see swatch below) but it's intended to be for all skintones. I blended the swatch into my arm and the colour disappeared without leaving an ashy cast so it'll be interesting to see how well this works on my face.

(left to right) Lord & Berry Strobing Pencil in #1153, bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Get Ready & Argan Liquid Gold BB Cream

As ever if you're interested in this box you can grab it from Look Fantastic for £15 here

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box?

Lesley x