Look Fantastic Beauty Box | Aug 2016



This month Look Fantastic have curated a selection of their favourite British brands for their August beauty box. Most of the brands here I've tried in some capacity before and loved so this box was a winner for me. Inside is Ren Flash Defence Anti-Pollution Mist (£24/60ml), Renu Lip and Eye Active Lift (£52/25ml), Bloom and Blossom Rejuvenating Facial Spritz (£15/100ml), Percy & Reed Wonder Balm (£18/75ml), Balance Me Congested Skin Serum (£16/15ml), Bee Good Vanilla and Honey Lip Balm (£4.75/10ml).

The stand outs for me are the Bloom and Blossom Facial Spritz and Ren Flash Defence Anti-Pollution Mist as I've become a little obsessed with face mists lately. They are admittedly a bit gimmicky but the more hydrated my skin is the better it seems to look, so I love that both of these sprays are small and easy to carry for a quick moisture boost on the go. Just close your eyes and spray away - they work over moisturiser and makeup. The Bloom and Blossom spritz is made with Aloe Vera and Lime Oil whereas the REN mist contains ingredients like manganese Amino Acids which aim to protect the skin from harsh environments.

Another favourite is the Bee Good Vanilla & Honey Lip Balm. You all know I love a lip product and this balm smells so good. The ingredients are winners too as it's also made with Beeswax, Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter as well as vanilla and honey. This definitely another handbag hero.



I always slack when it comes to eye creams, I have so many but I always forget to apply them regularly. As someone who never gets enough sleep I could definitely do with having a solid approach to soothing my under eye area to minimise any baggies. The Renu Lip & Eye Active Lift claims to stimulate collagen and firm the thinner skin around the eyes and lips. The full size is pretty pricey so I naturally have big expectations for this sample. Lets see if I can stick to applying this regularly to improve my dark circles.

Percy & Reed is a brand I've used a few times before when my hair was relaxed (straight) a few years ago. I used to apply the wonder balm on damp hair to soften without weighing down my strands before blowdrying and straightening. I'll give this a whirl at some point on my curls but my hair needs a lot of product so this sample is probably more suited to those with (less dense) straight or short hair.

Last but not least is the Balance Me Congested Skin Serum which aims to zap away spots with natural antibacterial ingredients like aloe vera and lemon. The ingredients list is pretty impressive so I'm pinning high hopes on this product to calm my spot-prone skin. If it works I'll definitely be grabbing the full size.

You can get this edition from Look Fantastic here 

*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried a beauty box before?

Lesley x