The Bloggers Hangout | Must Haves Box


The Bloggers Hangout sent over their 'must-haves' box for this month and it was rammed full of beauty and lifestyle products. There was so much in fact a lot had to be sent over separately by some of the brands involved. Due to the sheer amount of product included (45 items to be exact) I knew I wouldn't be able to test all of these and review them here before the end of the month, especially as a lot of the products are skincare products. I prefer to not overload my skin with too much at once (as it can be hard to tell what's working and what's not) so instead I've picked out and starting experimenting with a few products which really stood out to me.


Products were included from a massive variety of brands like Inlight, Dr PawPaw, Ruby Cosmetics, Tints of Nature, Nu Skin, Realine Beauty, Epoch, Greenfrog Botanic, and Neek to name a few.* Of those brands I had only heard of Inlight before, after already using samples of their chocolate and super-food masks which were received in another beauty box (see here and here). The super-food mask is definitely a pricey product but it has such an impressive ingredients list and is packed with natural oils and extracts. I already know it makes my skin feel softer so I'll be using this mask weekly until it runs out.


I swapped out some of my usual skincare items for the Yours Truly Organics products included here which are the Take it Away! Gel Cleanser, Balancing Toner, Fix Me! Repairing Serum and Face Base Face Balm. As you'd expect from the name the products include organic ingredients and have a natural scent. I've only had them a week so I'm only really just getting a feel for how they work for my skin. So far, so good and the gel cleanser leaves my skin so smooth it's my favourite of the bunch.



Dr Paw Paw's balms for dry skin are a firm favourite already. 3 versions of their multi-use balms were included - the Original Balm, Tinted Ultimate Red Balm and Tinted Peach Pink Balm. These are my ideal product for softening chapped, dry lips but you can use them on most areas of dry skin. The balms are made with Papaya (fermented paw paw which is rich in antioxidants) and Aloe Vera. The texture is like a gel but it feels light on the lips. I swapped out my Dr. Lipp balm (see here) for these as they're really similar in terms consistency. The Dr Paw Paw products have much better ingredients however, are over half the price and you get a much bigger tube too. These are definitely something I'd purchase, especially the tinted balms. Confusingly PapayaGold Paw Paw moisturising balm was also included in this box which, from what I can tell, is an entirely different brand but a similar product. It's also made with Papaya but has a thicker consistency and includes manuka honey. 


Dr. PawPaw Original Balm, Tinted Peach Balm, Tinted Ultimate Red Balm (£6.95 each)

Nu Skin is another brand which caught my eye though I haven't had the chance to try all of the products included yet apart from the whitening toothpaste. I was stunned to find out how much some of the products retail for, however the company website suggests the brand leads the way in anti-aging skincare. It will be interesting to see how well these work for me in the months to come. 



I'm still testing out the other products included, so if there's anything specifically you've seen above and would like me to review in the coming months let me know in the comments!


*samples - read my disclaimer here.

Have you tried any of these brands?

Lesley x