Review | ORS Curls Unleashed


I've been using ORS haircare products for years, especially when my hair was fully relaxed, but have only recently tried products from their Curls Unleashed range which is designed specifically for coily and kinky textures. There's a huge array of products on offer in the Curls Unleashed range so I knew I'd find something that I loved.


At the end of last year I road-tested the ORS Curls Unleashed Shea Butter & Mango Leave-In Conditioner and whilst I love the effect it has on my strands I just can not get over the sweet Mango scent. I rarely like anything that smells like, contains or even resembles Mango so I probably should have guessed it wouldn't be for me but as I still liked the product I thought I'd give some of the other Curls Unleashed products a try. I picked up the Coconut & Honey Hair Milk (£6.29) and the Cocoa & Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Crème (£6.39) from Boots in-store in January (ensuring the aroma was more to my liking first). Both are not as heavily scented as the Mango Leave-In and the Hair Milk has a gorgeous subtle coconut fragrance.


Both products are made with Shea Butter and Olive Oil giving them a creamy texture. The Cocoa & Shea Butter Leave-In is great for smoothing out my strands post wash. I usually apply a liberal amount in sections whilst my hair is still damp to lock in moisture. The formula is so rich and thick I can get away with using this product by itself. When my hair is dry and in need of moisture throughout the week I'll reach for the Coconut & Honey Hair Milk. I love the hair milk most which is great for creating super soft braidouts. The only downside for me is that the bottle is far too small as it's really easy to be heavy-handed with this product. I've now almost finished a second bottle, which considering it's only been two months and I also use other moisturisers seems a lot. I probably will pick up another though as it's cheaper than some of the other moisturisers I use and still does a good job.

Have you tried ORS Curls Unleashed?

Lesley x