FOTD | Valentine's Beauty


When it comes to Valentine's Day beauty my makeup is pretty straightforward. A bright lip feels most natural and I usually dress up my eyes with a little winged liner. Here I've added a swipe of shadow too. Granted this is far more 'overdone' for what will probably be an evening in with the other half and a takeaway, V-Day does fall on a Sunday this year after all. I couldn't not do a classic V-Day makeup look though so here's what I would wear. 


This lipstick from the L'Oreal Color Riche range is a new addition to my makeup collection. The colour straddles red and pink and it's a welcome change from the plethora of pillar box red lipsticks I have already. It's gorgeously pigmented and whilst it is supposed to be matte it has a slight sheen to it and I don't find it drying. 

I'm still a complete novice when it comes to applying eyeshadow no matter how many YouTube tutorials I watch, so I kept my eyes pretty simple. I used a mix of Iman Luxury Eye Shadow in Tiger Eye* (from April's Glowwbox) and Ted Baker Eyeshadow from their Brilliance of Beauty set. As it's Winter I have to rely on usual indoor lighting and as I was standing right underneath my ceiling light the tones of the eyeshadows don't 'pop' as much in the photos as they do in real life. I really love these eyeshadows though and they complement each other perfectly.

I've been missing my long hair a lot lately so will occasionally live vicariously through extensions. Here I'm wearing these bundles I bought from Aliexpress months ago. I just wrapped the tracks around the base of my ponytail and secured with a few bobby pins. I initially planned to make these bundles into clip-in extensions but the individual tracks are pretty thin so I've now made a u-part wig out of the hair. The curls are gorgeous, though looser than my hair texture, and blending them together is almost seamless. You can expect a few more snaps of me wearing this hair soon. 


Face
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC42)
MAC Studio Fix Powder (C40)

Eyes 
Ted Baker London Eye Shadow Trio (Brilliance of Beauty Set)
Iman Luxury Eye Shadow (Tiger Eye)
KIKO Ultimate Pen Long Wear Eyeliner (Black)
L'Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara (Extra Black)

Brows
Eylure Brow Kit (Dark Brown)
KIKO Brow Mascara (Black)

Cheeks 
Maybelline New York Dream Sun Triple Bronzing Powder (Blonde)

Lips
L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Matte Lipstick (430 Mon Jules)



*received in April's Glowwbox. You can read my disclaimer here

Do you have a typical Valentine's makeup look?
Lesley x