Review | Hi Impact Brows


I used to over pluck what were already sparse, wonky brows and now I’m left with a patchy duo above my peepers. As a result I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect product to plump and define my eyebrows which looks natural and lasts. I’ve tried a lot of brow kits, some with great results, though none quite perfect. I usually have to use a combination of products to get the results I’m after.

I was sent Hi Impact Brows (£18.99)* recently and the company claims this product functions as an eyeshadow, eyeliner and eyebrow palette with shades to suit a variety of hair colours and skintones. The palette contains four highly pigmented powders - (from left to right) ash, spice, mocha and charcoal - all in beautiful glossy black packaging. There’s also a small black slanted eye brush included. It has soft bristles and is small enough to define eyebrows and eyeliner shapes.


On brows
When filling in my brows I prefer to use waxes as they're easier to control and products which are dark brown as I think black tones are too harsh for my face. This palette took me out of my comfort zone though I was pleasantly surprised. Whilst I'm still not convinced I'll solely rely on this product to shape my brows, I am impressed that when only using the powders here the makeup lasts extremely well and doesn’t budge at all. As there’s not a dark enough brown in this palette for me I’ve been using mostly the charcoal shade and toning down the colour with a little of the tawny brown powder. I still found the result just too bold for me. There definitely needs to be a greater range of tones for those with darker hair.

On eyeshadow & liner
I loved the shades here as a way to add some dimension to the eyes whilst still keeping the look natural. All of the tones here work beautifully as a neutral wash for a the lids and I think I'll rely on this palette more for eyeshadow than anything else. The powders are easy to blend together making them very wearable. If I’m wearing eyeliner I usually stick to black but for an everyday look the tawny shade works particularly well swiped across my lower lids.

I love the concept of a multi-use product though I think Hi Impact Brows could have done more to really deliver on what they claim is unique about this palette. Including an eyeshadow brush, maybe 1 or 2 more colours and a wax or gel to tame brows for example would have given this palette the edge. I probably won't continue to use this product alone to shape my brows and would combine it with the products I already have. Whilst the effect isn’t as natural as I would like this palette does boast high quality powders which last and would recommend it to those using solely powders already. I love this as an eyeshadow palette too, especially for finishing off natural everyday looks (like the one above).

This palette is available on Amazon here and for those of you in the US it will be sold at Sephora in 2016.

*sample - read my disclaimer here.


What brow products do you like?

Lesley x