Review | Bravura London Dermaflannel



I rarely change my skincare routine from simply cleansing twice a day and exfoliating when I feel like it (more info here) but I have been looking for a way to get deeper exfoliation to remove some stubborn scars. I purchased a couple of scrubs, but nothing quite gave me the results I was looking for and with that, cue the Bravura London Dermaflannel (£11.99).

My interest in this product peaked when I read the description on the company's website - it's been coined a 'Facial in a Flannel' strong enough to achieve the same results as a chemical peel. I felt dubious about the claims but intrigued and naturally I had to at least try it.


When I first took the flannel out of the packaging I still couldn't conceive how a flannel could make any difference to the appearance of my skin. It felt and looked like an ordinary flannel but using it made me realise it was entirely different from your standard flannel.

So how does it work? The flannel has a 'unique weave' made of tiny fibres which helps remove dirt and oil on the skin, making it a great exfoliator. As you'd expect, using this product couldn't be simpler as all you need to do is give it a rinse then sweep it over the skin whilst it's still damp. You can use the flannel with a little of your usual cleanser if you prefer, but the beauty of this product is you don't need any products at all.

Soft upward strokes are enough to lift away dead skin cells and this flannel is so gentle I didn't realise how well it was working initially which led me to rub my face really hard on the first use. Luckily my mistake didn't do any lasting damage and I was just left with a little redness.


My skin has continued to be super smooth after each use of this flannel and my face has started to generally look more even in tone. I definitely underestimated how well this product would work on my skin and I'm excited to see how much more my skin will improve with regular use.

Have you tried anything by Bravura London?


Lesley x